Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

Hey all - Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to you!

When you're giving thanks to whomever for whatever, if you've never had to deal with a mental illness first-hand, or in someone close to you, don't forget to give thanks for that as well.

Stealing from Landsberg again, we're often not thankful for good mental health.


As an interesting aside, was listening in on a conversation with a family friend of many years, and he was of the opinion that if you kill yourself, you're taking the coward's way out, and that true guts comes from sticking it out.  I just kinda played with the purple wristband that I wear, and thought back to my own experiences of  having my world destroyed. I really didn't know what to say. I hope this guy never finds out what it's like to be so hopeless that death looks like your best alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment