Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mental Illness Awareness Week

Hey, did you know that October 2-8 was Mental Illness Awareness Week?  Neither did I.

I worked the Ontario Election on Thursday, and when I came home, my mom asked me that very question.  I kinda looked at her blankly and said no.  She had seen something on Canada AM and taped it for me - I still haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

But it definitely gave me pause...here it was late Thursday night (like 10pm) and this is the first I'm hearing of this?  Really?  The guy who's writing a friggin' blog about depression?  Needless to say, I was a tad disappointed.  I'm sure all the regular spots you'd expect to find that info had it.  They even have a website: http://miaw.ca/en/default.aspx

I know TV advertising is expensive.  I know print advertising isn't exactly cheap either.  But you gotta figure that if you want to get this message out, beg for a PSA if you can't afford the rates.  Or send a press release out to someone, but get the word out.

No comments:

Post a Comment